About the project
RBT2 is a proposed new multi-berth container terminal at Roberts Bank in Delta that would provide additional capacity of 2.4 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent unit containers) per year to meet forecast demand until 2030. It will be constructed adjacent to the existing Robert’s Bank Terminal.
Why it matters
On top of addressing increasing demand for imported and exported goods, RBT2 will, over a five-and-a-half year construction period, generate an estimated total of 12,719 person-years of direct, indirect and induced employment, worth approximately $1 billion in wages. This includes:
- 4,150 person-years of direct employment and $494 million in wages
- 6,264 person-years of indirect employment and $374 million in wages
- 2,305 person-years of induced employment and $129 million in wages
During the five-and-a-half-year construction period, the Project would generate approximately $1.3 billion in provincial gross domestic product and $3.65 billion in total economic output.
What you can do
PCA has made a submission to the CEAA committee studying the environmental impact of the project. You can find PCA’s submission here: pmv-ceaa-letter.
Here’s how you can submit your own letter:
- Project website: http://www.robertsbankterminal2.com
- CEAA website (RBT2 page): https://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050/details-eng.cfm?evaluation=80054
Submit a Letter to the RBT2 Review Panel
- Please address your letter to Ms. Debra Myles (Please see Address Details below); however, the salutation should read “Dear Chair and Members of the Review Panel” or “Dear Review Panel.”
- If sending via email, please use the email address provided below.
- If sending in hardcopy, please use the address below.
- Most participants will provide a signed letter by email, as an attached PDF.
- Please submit your letter no later than October 28, 2016.
o Please note that the deadline to submit comments has been changed from October 14, 2016 to October 28, 2016.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to send their submissions to the Panel as early as possible in the comment period rather than just in advance of the deadline.
Review Panel Manager, Roberts Bank Terminal 2 Project
c/o Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
160 Elgin Street, 22nd Floor, Ottawa ON K1A 0H3
Tel.: 613-957-0626 or 1-866-582-1884